-->

Friday, November 12, 2010

Food Storage Friday: Pizza Sauce

Here is Tiffany with a Pizza Sauce Recipe
Hi y'all. We love pizza and I love pizza sauce. So here is our favorite pizza sauce recipe! All you need is tomato paste, water and spices. Well of course you need a pizza dough for the crust and to see Aleasha's pizza crust click here.
Mix the water and tomato paste together.
Then add the spices
And then you have a great sauce for your pizza! I like my sauce thick. But if you prefer yours thinner just add a little more water.

Pizza Sauce
4 6 oz cans tomato paste
12 oz water
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
Mix all together and enjoy on your pizza!

3 comments:

Sarbear said...

Is that for one pizza? It seems like a lot of sauce for one. I find I have plenty when I use just 1 can of tomato sauce.

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

This is for about two large pizzas. I usually make this batch and then make a large sized pizza and calzones at the same time. You can also freeze the leftover until next time or half the recipe...

Anonymous said...

Is it better to cook the sauce beforehand and then use on your pizza base, or it really doesnt make a difference to put it on "raw"?