-->

Friday, July 24, 2009

Food Storage Friday-Green Chili Chicken Taquitos

So this recipe is darn delish and pretty versatile too which always makes for a great menu item in my book! Shall we call these Green Chili Chicken taquitos? Yes, I think we shall!


The list of Ingredients:
Canned Chicken
Green Chili Enchilada sauce
One small can of green chilies
Cream of "whatever you have on hand" soup
Refried beans
Corn tortillas
Whatever Mexican spices you like or have on hand- I have cumin, chili powder, Cayenne pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste


Combine the green chilies with the green chili sauce over Medium heat
Add your "cream of whatever" soup. I happened to have cream of mushroom.


Add your spices next. I did about 1 tsp. of each except Cumin. That was 1 TBS.
Add in your chicken. I like to rinse the chicken just a little bit so it doesn't taste so canned, but that is me. Stir until combined and warmed through. Taste and add whatever spices you think it needs. Now at this point you can get crazy. You could make green chili chicken enchiladas by rolling them, adding a little bit more sauce on top and then popping them in the ol' oven for 20 minuets OR you could do stacked enchiladas. Really its all up to you.



Since I did taquitos, take one of the corn tortillas and spread some beans on. It doesn't have to be pretty. It will still taste good. (As a side note, it is much easier to wrap the tortillas if they are warmed. I put about 10 in a paper towel and warmed in the micro for about 20 seconds.



Now add some of that delicious green chili sauce and wrap up. You will need some toothpicks here. I used 2 to secure it, but I am sure 1 would do the trick.



Throw this bad boy in the hot oil for about 1 minute per side.




Fry until golden brown. I took some of the leftover beans and green chili sauce and made a dip for the taquitos. The husband loved these and the kiddos chowed them down! Enjoy!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe and for your blog.:)

Joyce

West Family said...

These look delicious. I noticed that for this recipe you did not write the whole recipe at the end of the post along with the directions like you usually do. I like to cut, copy and print the recipes to keep in my food storage binder. Although i love the step by step instructions, i also love the recipes to print out. Thanks for all you do!

shinerbock said...

I like what you're doing here with the recipes, its helpful to know what to do with all this stored food to mix it up a bit. Take care.