-->

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Weekend Roundup: PW and a winner

We have a winner for our first aid kit!

We had 255 comments by midnight on Friday, so we asked Random.org to generate us a number.

And it came up with.....

210! 

Congratulations, Sondra!  (I know it looks like it's comment 10, but for some reason our comment counter starts over at 200, so don't worry, it's right).  Please email us at safelygatheredin (at) gmail.com with your mailing address so we can get your prize to you.

And now for a few favorite articles from the week...

I love Pioneer Woman. She's witty and funny and down to earth, and makes great food. I think that if she knew who I was, she'd like me too. As it is, she has no clue I exist. But that's okay, especially when she pulls out a refried bean recipe. That's right--PW herself makes homemade refried beans and they look delicious.

On the soft side of food storage, check out The Simple Dollar's post on The Giving Pocket. It is my personal belief that God gives us the commandment to have a food storage not just so we can always feed our families, but also so we will always have enough to help those who don't have any. "Because I have been given much, I too must give."

4 comments:

Sondra said...

Woo Hoo!! Here I rant and it is show as the winner - crazy life.. LOL! I'm excited!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sondra!

Joyce

Heather O. said...

Hey, missed your giveaway, but just wanted to give you guys a big hug and thank you for what you are doing here. I am in the process of cutting and pasting all your recipes into a word file, and then passing them all onto the sisters in my ward. I'm willing to do all the work for them, and I'm grateful to you for doing the work in the first place! You're blessing lots of lives, ladies, so I hope you keep it up!

Ellen said...

Hi - I've awarded you the Triple Award. Stop by and pick it up.