-->

Monday, October 6, 2008

Motivational Monday


It is right to work. Every man and woman and child should work. Even little children should learn how to share, to help do the housework and the yardwork, to plant gardens, to plant trees, to pick fruit, and to do everything that needs to be done, because that makes strong characters out of them and builds their faith and character.
We want you parents to create work for your children. Insist on them learning their lessons in school. Do not let them play all the time. There is a time for play, there is a time to work, and there is a time to study. Be sure your children grow up like you know they ought to grow.

“Chapter 11: Provident Living: Applying Principles of Self-Reliance and Preparedness,” Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball, (2006),114–23

6 comments:

Dee said...

Thank you

EvaLuHale said...

This is a great blog. I will put a link to it in mine crossroadsprovidentliving.blogspot.com if that is ok.

Shauna said...

So true!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I did not know about your blog, but I love it. I am going to have to do more reading on it!

Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog, but I am very excited to look through it. Thank you for including the actual specifics of your quotes (like the one from Pres. Kimball). I always like to go back and read the talks, and this is very helpful. I think I might try out the granola bars tomorrow.

Romie said...

When I read that chapter from the Spencer W. Kimball manual in '06, that is what really lit the fire for me and got me going with the preparedness. I started our garden that summer and really got serious about 72 hr kits. I'm going to go read it again right now, thanks!